Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is appointed by the State Government to oversee the management of Boort District Health as a Public Health Service under the Health Services Act 1988.
The Board appoints the Chief Executive Officer to manage the health service. The board meets eleven times each year to receive the clinical governance, safety and quality and financial reports and to monitor the performance of Boort District Health.
The board has other responsibilities including:
- Overall business performance – ensuring Boort District Health develops and implements strategies and supporting policies to enable it to operate profitably and meet community expectations;
- Overall compliance performance – ensuring Boort District Health complies with its legal, regulatory and policy obligations for example complying with aged care standards.
Our board also operates
through committees who assist the board to discharge its responsibilities for:
- Clinical governance
- The integrity of our financial reporting;
- Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, internal audits, policies and expectations of key stakeholders;
- The effectiveness of our internal controls and risk management framework,
- Our objectives, purpose, standards and policies on key issues
- An effective governance structure and an appropriate corporate culture.
Wendy Gladman (Board Chair): Board Committee Membership: Board Excellence in Governance
Tamara Boyd: Board Committee Membership:
Chris Casey: Board Committee Membership: Safety, Quality and Clinical Governance
Laurie Maxted: Board Committee Membership: Community Advisory Committee; Board Excellence in Governance
Lee Anne Sherwell: Board Committee Membership: Community Advisory Committee
Daniel Snyder: Board Committee Membership: Safety, Quality and Clinical Governance
Brett Yates:Board Committee Membership: Finance, Risk & Audit Committee