Dental Health Services
Boort District Health offers both public and private dental health services. The services offered include:
- Preventative oral health treatments
- Prosthodontics (e.g. Dentures/Crowns)
- Orthodontic referrals can be organised
- Children’s dental health care
To access public general dental, denture or specialist dental care through Boort Dental Clinic, individuals will need to be eligible.
The following people are eligible:
- Children and young people:
- All children aged 0 – 18 years are treated for free regardless of concession card
- Adults aged 18 years and over, who are health care or pensioner concession card holders or dependants of concession card holders
- All refugees and asylum seekers
- All Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
If individuals are eligible for public dental services, then there may also be opportunities to have priority access to public dental care.
People who have priority access will be offered the next available appointment for general care and will not be placed on the general care wait list. The following groups have priority access:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Children (0 – 18 years) are free
- Homeless people and people at risk of homelessness
- Pregnant women
- Refugees and asylum seekers
- Registered clients of mental health and disability services, supported by a letter of recommendation from their case manager or staff of special developmental schools
Child Dental Benefits Scheme
In January 2014, the Child Dental Benefits Scheme was introduced. This scheme allows for up to $1000 basic dental treatment over a two year period for eligible 2 – 17 year olds.
Things to know:
- 2-17 year olds are eligible if the they receive Family Tax Benefit A, or other relevant Australian Government payments
- Treatment is bulk billed through Medicare
- Eligible children pay no out of pocket costs
- No wait list, children will be offered the next available appointment
What dental treatments are available?
- Dental check ups and cleaning teeth
- Fissure sealants and fillings
- Dental X-rays
- Root canals
The dental clinic is located at Boort District Health, enter via main entrance
For more details and to make appointments please ring 54515230