Compliments and Complaints

Making Comments at Boort District Health

As a resident in our aged care facilities or a patient in our acute facility you or your family may have some concerns about the Ageing in Place facility or the Acute area you would like addressed. Some concerns may be able to be rectified by the staff on duty, but if this is not possible the opportunity is provided in each area to complete a compliements and complaints form. Alternatively you may wish to write directly to the Director of Clinical Services.

You will be able to express any concerns or complaints that you have about your experience without fear of being disadvantaged.

Boort District Health is committed to responding to all complaints and lessons learned from complaint resolution are used to improve Boort District Health services.

Details to make contact:
Hours: 8.30 am to 5.00 pm – Monday to Friday
Phone: (03) 5451 5200

Health Complaints Commissioner

The Health Complaints Commissioner resolves complaints about healthcare and the handling of health information in Victoria.  The Health Complaints Commissioner can also investigate matters and review complaints data to help health service providers improve the quality of their service. The Health Complaints Commissioner acts independently and impartially.

Level 26, 570 Bourke Street
Melbourne, 3000
Victoria, Australia

Contact the Health Complaints Commissioner on 1300 582 113 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired? Visit the National Relay Service

Need an interpreter? Call TIS National on 131 450

Email: (general enquiry)


Aged Care Complaints Commissioner

The Aged Care Complaints Commissioner provides a free service for anyone to raise their concerns about the quality of care or services being delivered to people receiving aged care services subsidised by the Australian Government.

GPO Box 9848
Melbourne, 3000
Victoria, Australia

Telephone: 1800 951 822 (free call) 9 am to 5 pm weekdays or leave a phone message

Online complaints:

Contact Us:

If you need an interpreter tell us when you call and we will arrange to use the or, for people who speak an Indigenous language, the Aboriginal Interpreter Service (AIS) or the Kimberley Interpreting Service (KIS)Alternatively, please call the TIS directly on 131 450 and ask them to transfer you to our number 1800 550 552. People who speak an Indigenous language can contact the AIS on 1800 334 944 or the KIS on 08 9192 3981.

If you are hearing or speech impaired contact us through the National Relay Service:

TTY users: phone 1800 555 677 then ask for our number 1800 550 552

Speak and Listen users: phone 1800 555 727 then ask for our number 1800 550 552

Internet relay users: connect to the National Relay Service and enter 1800 550 552.